Sunday, November 1, 2009

Journal week 9 blog one

One thing that always inspires me when I am having a mind block or lack of drive is 5 minutes of the joy that a Pixar short can bring me. So far, Pixar has created 43 of these short films, the most famous can be found on their website http://www.pixar.com/ or on youtube. My favorite is "For the Birds". It's just such a genius display of creativity and humor. I am convinced that even the most bitter man on earth would still giggle at this clip. It gets me thinking about the process in which it was made. I know I am in an animation class, but I've come to realize there is so much more behind animation when making film. Pixar doesn't just have the artists behind the computer, but the artists in front of a screenplay board, character production, creative developement department ect. I'd like to do some research with these other jobs and see what they entail.

No comments:

Post a Comment