Sunday, November 8, 2009

Journal, Week 11 blog two

I've been curious about the type of work and availibilty in film editing so I decided to do some research online. One of the websites that had valuable info was workforce50.com. It showed all of the video editing jobs currently available in various states, how much the starting salary was and the popularity index. I was suprised at the limited jobs available. I expected video editing to be a high demand job and there would be more opportunities especially in places like California where movie-making is key. The salaries, on the other hand, were not disappointing. Especially in places like New York, salaries are high from the starting point. Do I want to be a film editor? Maybe. I have not the education to decide right now if it's something I really want to do, but to know that there are jobs out there is more reassuring.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kendra -

    If you want to learn more about career opportunities in Film & TV Editing one of our career councilors would be happy to talk to you. I work for a post production school in Burbank, CA. Give us a call at 818-557-7200 and ask for Kate.

    ReplyDelete