Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekly Blog 8/24-8/30


In a world that is constant motion and always pushing forward, it's easy to make old technology, and anything previous to now, a distant memory. The next generation will probably never get to put their fingertips in the dials of old telephones. If they ever hear a dial-up tone (for some odd reason), they probably won't recognize the sound as ancient internet connection. Flat screens will be customary, and VHS will be a foreign term. I know that I must be a little ignorant myself because I am submerged in this technology culture as well, but that's my point exactly. I embrace it. The further I am propelled into this high-tech world I can see that it's a progressive movement, everything builds off something else. It's this notion that inspires me to be as educated as I can in digital art. To me, it's taking the basics, or the core, of previous art forms, and using that to inspire a new rendition. It's similar to the points I made above, the blackberry is just the first phone ever invented, but improved and fit to the contemporary. It's all art. It's all beauty. It's all about life in motion.


inspiration for the blog, Walt Disney's Treasure Planet. This animated film is a perfect example of old world and new world codependant on eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment